Transitioning to Daycare can be tough on parents and children.
Here are some tips to make it easier for everyone!
- Be prepared for tears and clinging to the parent who drops off for the first week or two.
- To help with this, get the child excited about going to play.
- Pack a favorite snack.
- Tour the facility before the first day.
- Plan a slow morning, take them in and have a goodbye ritual for you and your child or maybe give them something special of yours to hold near or wear for the day.
- Reassure them you will be back soon to get them.
- Let them bring their comfort blanket or stuffed animal.
- Allow them to dress for their big day.
- Have a checklist to make sure you do not forget anything the child will need for the next day.
- Talk to them about their new school while they help you pick out things to bring for lunch.
Happy Mornings equal happy days at school and easier transitions, we wish you the best, please let us know if there is any way we can help this transition go more smoothly for your child!